|Genre(s)||Heavy Metal, Rock|
|Label(s)||Iron Pegasus, Rise Above, Metal Blade, Trooper Ent., Seven Four Ent., Loma Vista Recordings|
Ghost (also known as Ghost B.C. in the U.S.) is a Swedish heavy metal band, formed in Linköping in 2008. In 2010 they released a 3-track demo, followed by a 7" vinyl titled "Elizabeth", and eventually their debut full-length album Opus Eponymous. The Grammis-nominated album was widely-praised and increased their popularity significantly.
Ghost are easily recognizable due to their eccentric on-stage presence, five of the group's six members wear hooded robes, while the vocalist appears in a skull mask and a cardinal outfit, and highly secretive nature of their identities, with the members being referred to as "Nameless Ghouls". Musically, the band is often compared to groups such as Black Sabbath, Blue Öyster Cult, Mercyful Fate, and Witchfinder General.
- Papa Emeritus III (successor of Papa Emeritus II and Papa Emeritus) – vocals and kazoo
- Nameless Ghouls – all instrumentalists; bassist, drummer, keyboardist and two guitarists (rhythm and lead)
It appears as if there is a new successor to Papa Emeritus by each new album. some believe this to be the same Papa but with a new Outfit, and the Sucession is just a play on the Vatican's Pope.
The Swedish Performing Rights Society is rumored to have Tobias Forge, vocalist of Swedish bands Subvision and Repugnant and former guitarist for Crashdïet (using the alias Mary Goore in the latter two), credited with songs as "A Ghoul Writer". All songwriting on Opus Eponymous is credited to "A Ghoul Writer", causing people to believe Forge is Papa Emeritus. Ghost has stated they will not comment on any rumors of their identities.
- Opus Eponymous (October 18, 2010)
- Infestissumam (April 9, 2013)
- Meliora (August 21, 2015)
- Prequelle (June 1, 2018)
- "Elizabeth" (June 20, 2010, 7" single)
- "Secular Haze" (December 15, 2012, free digital single & 10" vinyl)
- "Year Zero" (April 19, 2013, digital & 10" vinyl)
- Demo 2010 (2010, demo)